Who is PartServe Channel support ?
Our company name is a reflection of our commitment to the Southern African IT services channel. We have been serving the needs of the Services channel for many years and are ready to serve you today and into the future.
PartServe was founded in 1999 and offers a range of services, which can be summarised into 5 areas.
- Computer and peripheral spare part distribution – We carry a range of branded spare parts to cater for the demand in the Southern African Market.
- Asset recovery and disposal – Financial institutions and corporate companies wishing to do a technology refresh can make use of PartServe to remove old IT equipment as well as do all disk cleaning. PartServe has the channel and infrastructure to dispose of such equipment.
- Outsourced warranty – PartServe runs and manages the warranty Programs for Epson, Zebra, Viewsonic and Canon for Southern Africa.
- Remanufacture service – PartServe offers the channel a full remanufacture service specialising in PC Power Supplies, Dot matrix print heads, Laser printer Fusers and all electro mechanical devices.
- Outsourced repair – A service company can send most sorts of IT related or high tech devices to PartServe and it will be repaired and returned within 48hrs.
Computer and peripheral spare part distribution
PartServe operates from a dedicated 3500 square meter warehouse strategically located just off the M1 and N3 highways in Linbro Business park, Sandton. We have branches to service the rest of the country in Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth and Bloemfontein. Our investment in inventory exceeds R8 million and we currently hold in excess of 12000 line items in stock.
All inventory in the warehouse is labelled and bar-coded on receipt enabling accurate picking and zero inventory variance
PartServe holds the agencies for service parts in South Africa on Epson, Canon, Lexmark Seiko, Brother, ZEBRA, Viewsonic and Fujitsu. PartServe also distributes Hewlett Packard, Compaq, Tally, OKI, Star, Citizen, Data Products, Dell, IBM and C.Itoh. PartServe is a specialist in the sourcing of obsolete parts from around the world. PartServe also offers second user parts; when the original (new) parts, have been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Asset Recovery and Disposal
When a company does a technology refresh of their IT equipment, there is always the problem of how to recover the asset value of the old equipment and to find a way of disposing of this equipment quickly and effectively. PartServe Channel Support offers two solutions for the disposal of this equipment.
- Fixed Price Buy Back - Based upon a fair market value of IT Equipment, a negotiated set price is established. Upon receipt and inspection of equipment, a report of any defects is issued. Payment will commence 30 days after receiving a statement of invoice. PartServe absorbs the inventory risk during the sale cycle.
- Shared Revenue Sale - Let PartServe take the disposal burden off your shoulders by handling your inventory and verifying its specifications. Product is sorted and tested to verify functionality and specifications are confirmed. If product has value in the marketplace, it will be sold at fair market value and a negotiated percentage of the proceeds will be returned to you upon completion of the sale. If there is no value, then the product is scrapped and disposed of.
Additional on-site services are available on request, which are as follows:
- Environmentally safe disposal of non-marketable assets, a certificate of destruction will be issued for each unit that provides indemnification for you against liability.
- Asset Testing and auditing, PartServe will test assets to verify functionality and confirm specifications.
- Hard Disc Data Wiping, data is cleansed via an overwrite process to meet customer’s requirements.
- Packing and Transportation, PartServe can arrange to collect and transport your packed equipment from anywhere in South Africa.
Upon receipt in our inventory system we sort the equipment into two categories:
1. Functional - these items will be refurbished and remarketed.
2. Scrap - these items will be disassembled and disposed of in an environmentally safe manner.
Refurbishment: During refurbishment assets are tested, cleaned and packed. All asset tags, passwords, customer labels and data are removed during the refurbishment process to ensure that customer information remains confidential.
Remarketing: Items that have been refurbished are sold. PartServe supplies a brand new warranty with any item sold. We market refurbished items to our extensive database of dealers.
Asset tracking: PartServe can provide reports on the following:
- Units received
- Units scrapped
- Units sold
- Units that are currently available for sale
These reports are most useful when a shared revenue agreement has been reached.
Warehousing: Equipment that has been collected from customers site will be taken to a single, central location in that region. PartServe accepts full responsibility for any loss or damage to equipment that has not yet been paid for.
Outsourced warranty programme
PartServe operates a unique warranty programme in South Africa. This is an all encompassing programme which includes:
i. A Toll free presale and warranty Helpdesk.
PartServe currently runs a helpdesk where technical help is offered to customers who are either unable to install their printer or wanting to learn how to gain maximum use from their product.
ii. Centralised repair and storage facilities.
PartServe currently does the refurbishment of all Epson, Canon and Zebra products in South Africa, including Dotmatrix printers, Laser printers, Digital camera’s, point of sale printers, mechanisms and terminals. All refurbished product is stored and distributed from our central locations in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Bloemfontein and Port Elizabeth.
iii. Outsourced regional warranty centre management.
The programme was designed to make product warranty failures a surprisingly easy experience. Currently PartServe makes use of 34 outsourced warranty centres around the country. Each centre carries stock of refurbished printers. When a customer has a product failure, the unit will be taken in to a centre and tested. The unit will undergo a simple testing procedure that lasts no longer than 5 minutes. If the unit is found to be faulty the customer product is immediately replaced with a refurbished unit.
iv. Upgrade programme
In addition to the warranty programme PartServe also runs an upgrade programme for some vendors whereby competitive product can be upgraded to that product priced at less than the cost of consumables.
Remanufacturing of printer heads and electromechanical assemblies
PartServe has a fully equipped tool-room and remanufacturing facility and supplies an extensive range of “as new” remanufactured parts. These products are supplied on an exchange or non-exchange basis. Remanufactured parts include:
- Laser fusing assemblies
- Mechanical assemblies
- Dot matrix and other impact printer heads
- Electronic assemblies (logic boards, power supplies etc.)
Exchange parts are available on an advance exchange basis. This service option allows you to stock up on common service parts without incurring the full up-front expense of similar new service parts. Once supplied, advance exchange parts are then managed on a pool stock basis.
Clients can also purchase advance exchange parts by paying a core charge and then returning the qualifying faulty exchange part.